RWS Invites Durian Fest 2012

 | 


While surfing Facebook a few weeks ago, I stumbled across a RWS (Resorts World Sentosa) photo caption contest. Without much thought, I typed in 3 phrases as my photo caption entry, without any hopes of winning or whatsoever.

A few days later, I was just catching up on my Facebook feed and suddenly, I saw my name on RWS status:" Congratulations GRACE MAGDALENE LEONG - We love your caption! Watch out for our PM:) "

Ecstatic that it is the first photo caption contest which I've participated and won, I shared the link on my Facebook wall, before jumping about in my room while exclaiming a loud WOOHOO!

Durians - many seeds, one mouth, countless satisfaction

2 days later, I received a private Facebook message from RWS, informing me of my prize - a pair of complimentary tickets to their upcoming Durian Fest!

For a durian fanatic like the BF and I, these tickets are truly a god-sent gift! You should have seen our faces as we daydream about the endless assorted durians which we were about to have.


On the day of the Durian Fest, we arrived at Hard Rock Hotel earlier because we feared that there might be a queue. On the contrary, it was a very efficient and fast registration process, and we quickly found ourselves in the colosseum of durians - literally.


We were then ushered to our seats, which was thankfully, near the chiller fans. Needless to say, we had a very airy and breezy experience despite being in an outdoor environment.


As we walked to our seats, we passed by rows of old-school tables and chairs, with dried leaves and twigs on the floor. Well done RWS, for putting so much thought and creativity in re-creating the nostalgic and familiar setting of eating durians by the roadside (or along the street).


Once seated, I was immediately impressed by the impeccable service by RWS. A staff came up to us and offered us free flow of water and sugar cane juice. Then, another staff came and ask us what type of durians do we want to eat.


After submitting our order, the same staff came to us with a durian with his hands, pry-ed open the durian, before leaving our table. SERIOUSLY! The whole experience was so enjoyable and we literally felt so privileged and shiok.


I'm not so sure what counts as a lot of durians, but we basically had 5 durians to ourselves - 猫山王,D24, D101, 红虾 x2. Like that's not enough, we had a fair share of indulgences on their free flow Rambutans, Jackfruit, Mangosteen, and Balaku Fruit.


Though the durian fest lasted 2 hours, we were replete with the durians and fruits by 9:45pm. So the rest of the time, we just sat there, enjoying the nice breeze and hoping that our digestive systems would work faster.

All in all, it was truly an enjoyable and memorable experience - one which made me impressed and sated. The BF was likewise, impressed, and wanted to join their RWS Invites - a programme that puts you on the guest list to experiences that once were the purview of only a few. So for events like the Durian Fest, a member of RWS Invites would only have to pay $48, while a non-member has to pay $60. Quite a good deal I must say, considering the other benefits, deals, promotions and events.

Looks like I'll be heading down to Resorts World Sentosa more frequently than I thought. :)


Possibly Related Posts
Kruzer: RES Durian Trip
The Fruit of Love
Goodbye 2011, Hello 2012
A Date By The Bay
The Love Food


Share This On:    

0 comments:

Post a Comment



Content copyright © by Grace Leong.

WELCOME


Hello I'm Grace! This site contains snippets of daily living, and the random ramblings of a young adult. Read More..

 Drop Me An Email
 Add Me On Facebook



Affiliated with:

Archives

READERS